Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

    How do I know which positions are open and accepting job applications?

    Visit page to view and apply to current job opportunities.

    Can I use my user account to apply for current jobs listed on the Career Opportunities pages?

    Yes. If you already have a account, you can use it to apply for County of Riverside jobs.

    Can I request a password reset for my account?

    Yes. Use this Reset Password link and you will be asked to provide the email used on your account.

    Does have an applicant support desk?

    Yes they do. Opening days/hours: Monday through Friday, 6 am to 5 pm Pacific Time
    Email address: [email protected]
    Toll-free number: 1-855-524-5627
    Call hold times depend on the time of day. Press 2 to request a call back at any time if they cannot hold the line and will not lose your place in line. You’ll be called back once a specialist is available.

    Will I receive a confirmation email once I submit my job application?

    Yes. You will be sent an email confirming it was received.

    Why didn't I receive a confirmation email when I submitted my application?

    If you did not receive a confirmation email log back into your account and be sure you have added your correct email address and check your junk and spam folders. The confirmation email will be from

    Can I submit a general application without selecting a job posting?

    No. You must apply to an open job posting.

    Do you accept resumes?

    Yes. Please upload the resume as an attachment to your job application.

    Do I have to upload my resume into the application attachments if I used it to start my application?

    Yes. Beginning your application with a resume does not include the resume as the attachment. You must attach it separately through the application process.

    Are resumes always required with the job application?

    It depends on the job. Some will require a resume while others will not. It is, however, recommended that you attach a resume.

    Can I submit a different resume after I have already applied to the job posting?

    Qualifications are evaluated based on the information provided on the application and/or resume submitted for the job. A different resume will not be accepted. Check and make sure your application/resume is complete and accurate before submitting.

    Does the County offer Veteran's preference?

    Yes. For information on the County's Veterans' Preference, please CLICK HERE.

    I provided my Veterans' preference documentation with my Job Gateway application, do I need to provide it again?

    Yes. After Sept. 1, 2020, you must provide your Veterans' preference documentation as an attachment to your job application using your For more information on the County's Veterans Preference Policy CLICK HERE.

    Can I waive interviews with the department?

    If you waive/decline the hiring interview you will no longer be considered for the position If you waive three interviews where the position and department are the same, a recruiter may contact you to determine the reason.

    What will happen if I don't appear for an interview?

    If you do not appear for a scheduled hiring interview you will no longer be considered for the position. If you do not appear for several scheduled interviews, a recruiter may contact you to determine the reason.

    Where do I review and accept the electronic offer?

    Please go to and login to your account, check your applications, and view and accept the offer.  For more information see the guide.

    I am having trouble taking the online exam. Who do I call?

    Please contact the County's test vendor, SHL, technical support line at (800) 899-7451, option 1.

    Is my application still active in Job Gateway?

    Applications submitted prior to September 1, 2020 to Job Gateway will continue to be evaluated and processed.

    Can I still apply for jobs through Employee Self-service after September 1, 2020?

    No. You will need to create a new account, or use an existing one.

    Can I use my Job Gateway user account to apply to County of Riverside jobs after September 1, 2020?

    No. You will need to create a new account, or use an existing account.

    Can I access my Job Gateway account?

    As of September 1, 2020 access to Job Gateway will stop and you will not be able to access any previous applications or files previously uploaded.

    If I apply for a position in the Career Opportunities will my application be active in Job Gateway?

    Applicants must apply for jobs from the Careers Opportunities page, Applications or Resumes that were submitted to the Job Gateway system are no longer used to apply for County jobs.

    What are your policies when it comes to education outside the United States?

    Education completion in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet qualification requirements if the applicant can show that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. It is the applicant's responsibility to provide such evidence when applying for County jobs. This information must be submitted to the recruiter prior to the job offering, however, at times, this information is required at the job application stage. Applicants must read the job posting information and follow instructions in the event that education equivalency is required at the time of job application.
    Education received in foreign colleges or universities will be considered acceptable based on any of the following: 1. The specific courses have been accepted for college-level credit by an accredited US college or university because they would be creditable if the student were to further his or her education at that institution. 2. An evaluation of the education by an accredited US college or university shows that education is equivalent to that gained in an accredited US college or university. 3. An accredited US state university reports the other institution as one whose transcripts are given full value or full value is given in subject areas applicable to the curricula at the state university. 4. The applicant submits an evaluation of the coursework from an organization recognized for accreditation by the Department of Education that shows that the coursework is equivalent to that gained in an accredited US college or university. 5. The education completed outside the US has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in the interpretation of foreign educational credentials and such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional US education programs.
    There are several membership organizations specializing in the evaluation services of foreign educational credits and credentials used for employment and other purposes. A list of private organizations providing evaluation services is available from the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE).  The member organizations operate for a fee, based on the extent of the education to be evaluated. These links are provided for your general information and may not be all-inclusive. The County of Riverside does not endorse any particular service.

    I require a pre-employment accommodation for a disability or religious beliefs. What do I need to do?

    The County of Riverside is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application or selection process should contact the recruiter noted in the job posting for the position. For additional information and/or to obtain the appropriate form for requesting a reasonable accommodation, please visit the Disability Access Office web page located at:

    The job I applied for has a test but I have not received any link to take it. How do I find out if I missed it?

    Contact the recruiter listed on the job posting for an update.

    How can I be notified when you are accepting applications for a position I am interested in?

    Click the link below to create a job interest card, you will receive an email notification each time a position opens with County of Riverside whose category matches one of the categories you've chosen.

    Can I take an online practice test?

    The County of Riverside uses SHL for many if its pre-employment tests. To take practice tests, review example questions, and get other testing advice, visit the SHL practice test site Practice tests can help provide you a similar experience to an actual test in terms of question types and formats. Note: To take a practice test, you will need to create an account in SHL's practice test system. If you have previously tested with the County of Riverside, you still need to create an account in the practice test system.