Department of Transportation (DOT) safety-sensitive Positions
Certain positions with the County of Riverside are designated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) as safety-sensitive. For employment consideration for a position with this designation a Human Resources Recruiter will review your driving history. Any required documentation will be listed on the job posting and may be provided as part of the job application.
Candidates/employees must meet the following requirements (this list may not be all inclusive):
- Provide evidence of meeting the mandated requirements for a Commercial Driver's License.
- Must not have more than two (2) points on your driving record within the last three (3) years.
- Zero DUIs within the last five (5) years.
- No more than one (1) at fault accident within the past three (3) years.
- Zero driver license suspensions or revocations within the past three (3) years.
- Zero positive DOT drug test within the past three (3) years.
- Zero positive DOT alcohol test within the past three (3) years.
- Provide consent to DOT alcohol and drug testing on a random basis or for reasonable suspicion.
- Provide consent to complete a DOT mandated alcohol and drug screening records check. Reference checks from former DOT regulated employers are also required.
- No positive test or refusal to test during the past two (2) years.
Out of State Applicants: A Driving History Record equivalent to the CA DMV Driving History Record from the state of residence in for the previous three years is acceptable. Candidates will be required to obtain a California Driver's License at the time of hire.